Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Reports - schedule reports and mail attachments

Martin Jelinek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'd like to kindly ask those administrators running ISE 2.4 (latest release) whether there are any kind of improvements on reporting topics?

I'm running ISE 2.2 P#11 and see big limitation from reporting point of view:

1) Scheduled reports are capable to sent mail, but report is NOT in attachment of such mail. Therefore mail is just notification about completed report and therefore user has to go to Remote Repository to obtain such report.

2) No possibilities to customize "body" of such notification mail, where I could easily add FTP/SMB/... share link to reporting folder on Remote Repository (kind of workaround of first point)

3) Reports are not really customizable to decide what columns or fields I'd like to have included in the report. Because there might be reports for administrators (yep, we can live with bigger .csv to filter it later on) but reports for management team should be different but such option to select what I need is missing.

Therefore I'd like to know if there is any improvement in 2.4 version from reports point of view.

Thank you for any hint :-)

Martin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No changes in terms of what you mentioned with ISE 2.4. I suggest contacting the sales team for feature enhancement or provide feedback option within ISE GUI (Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No changes in terms of what you mentioned with ISE 2.4. I suggest contacting the sales team for feature enhancement or provide feedback option within ISE GUI (Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner).

Thanks howon for details.

Sad but if that is true, I will try to raise this topic for feature enhacement.

Thank you!
Martin

Hi Martin,

Just wanted to know if you raised feature enhancement for this.

Regards,

Jay

Hi Jay,

No, unfortunately no. We somehow internally made a process for delivering reports but it is manual work which is not really efficient but as well nothing really time consuming. Do you have more insigh into ISE 2.6 as an employee if there are any improvements already?

/Martin

As of ISE 3.2, the option is just to export the reports to a remote/local repo. It can't be sent over as an email attachment. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: