Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE SMS format

JeppeFlensted
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having some trouble getting line breaks working in SMS messages pushed from a self-registered guest portal. 

Testing with the default self-register portal, the format is working fine:

smsformat.jpeg

Default config:

ise_sms_format.PNG

However, if I edit this config, the SMS is sent as a single line. If I format the message text in the config window with line breaks, these are ignored. URL encoding is also ignored. 

There seems to be something that's happening with the formatting of the $message$ string behind the scenes in ISE. Anyone got experience with how the text can be formatted?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello @JeppeFlensted 

It's been many years since I last touched ISE SMS service. When you edit the default, what exactly did you change to make the text appear as a single line on the mobile device?

If the default ISE text results in an output where there is line breaks (as shown in your image) then perhaps the parser auto-inserts a line break before any capitalised characters? I can't see how else it may have been done - there is certainly no mark-up in the default text to indicate any forced line breaks.

Happy hacking ... or open a TAC case

Regards

Arne

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello @JeppeFlensted 

It's been many years since I last touched ISE SMS service. When you edit the default, what exactly did you change to make the text appear as a single line on the mobile device?

If the default ISE text results in an output where there is line breaks (as shown in your image) then perhaps the parser auto-inserts a line break before any capitalised characters? I can't see how else it may have been done - there is certainly no mark-up in the default text to indicate any forced line breaks.

Happy hacking ... or open a TAC case

Regards

Arne