Views
Helpful
Replies

ise support

k.adath2015
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to renew the ise license ,the support bundle all are already included ?

I can buy support license later on  if it is not included .

If I have maintenance  contract with partner  the license can be renewed automatically ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As per the Technical Support chapter of the ISE Ordering Guide, "Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS) is included for the duration of all Cisco ISE subscription licenses".

As for the license renewal, you would need to discuss that with the partner that provides your maintenance contract.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply .What all the support we get with the included license .
(I believe that this is Software Support Basic)
As per the document provided we can purchase Enhanced and Premium also .
What additional support we get if we go for Enhanced and Premium

It would be great help if you give explain the below ( from the document )

Please note that Smart Net Total Care® SWSScontracts for Cisco ISE physical and virtual appliances must be purchased separately and are required to consume any ISE subscription licenses.

What is smartnet total care license here and what benefit we get

SmartNet Total CareandSWSScontracts f or Cisco ISE physical and virtual appliances cover Base and Device Admindeployments as w ell. Please also note that Cisco does not of f er standalone ISE sof tw are upgrade service SKUs or separate support SKUs f or subscription licenses.

Thanks

ISE licenses license the features only. They do not by themselves provide support.

You need to have a current support contract on your underlying VMs or physical appliances. That contract covers hardware support (for the physical appliances) and software support (upgrades, TAC assistance with any issues etc.).

When you have a support contract the TAC support will include 24-7 assistance with all licensed software features. Hardware support varies according to the type of contract purchased. Most common is 8x5xNBD (Next Business Day) meaning they will send out a replacement hardware the next business day (5 days per week) as long as the request is approved during a given 8 hour business day.

Hi,

@Marvin Rhoads  .

Thank you for the reply

What is that ise documnet says "Cisco Softw are Support Service (SWSS)is included for the duration of all Cisco ISE subscription license " and they have Higher-value service levels, Software Support Enhanced and Premium

you said "You need to have a current support contract on your underlying VMs or physical appliances. "

you are talking about smartnet total care ? , this is the same support contract you are talking about

Thanks

Please read the entire section of the guide that was linked earlier. It explains what I am saying.

I will quote it here for reference:

Cisco Software Support Service (SWSS) is included for the duration of all Cisco ISE subscription licenses.
Higher-value service levels, Software Support Enhanced and Premium, are available for Cisco ISE Base, Plus and Apex licenses. These service levels provide everything included in Software Support Basic with a richer feature set such as software configuration guidance, direct access to experts with faster response time and technical adoption support. The Enhanced and Premium Software Support is based on the number of concurrent sessions, and can be ordered via the top-level ATO PID in CCW: CISE-SW-SUPP.
Please note that Smart Net Total Care® or SWSS contracts for Cisco ISE physical and virtual appliances must be purchased separately and are required to consume any ISE subscription licenses. Smart Net Total Care and SWSS contracts for Cisco ISE physical and virtual appliances cover Base and Device Admin deployments as well. Please also note that Cisco does not offer standalone ISE software upgrade service SKUs or separate support SKUs for subscription licenses.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: