cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Use Case in the L2TP Dial-in ( nothing clients log )

I have a router serving as a l2tp server. Clients connect to my router through internet and the authentication procedure is carried out by AAA (ISE 2.4 - Radius) server. The AAA is joined to a domain controller for the procedure. Clients can connect and ping any server inside my network, based on my policies which I have configured in AAA, but the problem is that csico ise radius log don't show any data regarding clients IP and MAC address . How can I configure cisco ise to capture clients' IP and MAC address?

please help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
howon
Cisco Employee

For VPN, typically the assigned (Internal) IP address is carried in the Framed-IP-Address field while external IP is carried in the Calling-Station-ID field in the RADIUS accounting packet. Confirm that RADIUS accounting is being sent from IOS to ISE via packet capture. Also, confirm that Framed-IP-Address & Calling-Station-ID field is carrying the IP. VPN gateway device will not send MAC address.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
howon
Cisco Employee

For VPN, typically the assigned (Internal) IP address is carried in the Framed-IP-Address field while external IP is carried in the Calling-Station-ID field in the RADIUS accounting packet. Confirm that RADIUS accounting is being sent from IOS to ISE via packet capture. Also, confirm that Framed-IP-Address & Calling-Station-ID field is carrying the IP. VPN gateway device will not send MAC address.

View solution in original post

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad

ISE Webinars

Miss a previous ISE webinar?
Never miss one again!

CiscoISE on YouTube