Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE / vCloud Director compatibility

mick5kull
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi experts,

I have a question about VMware virtual machine requirements for ISE 2.2.

My customer wants to deploy ISE ova file via vCloud Director, not via vCenter.

I know that the previous RADIUS server, ACS, doesn't support vCloud Director to deploy virtual machines.

How about ISE?

I checked system requirements in CCO but I couldn't find info about vCloud Director.

CCO

Cisco Identity Services Engine Installation Guide, Release 2.2 - System Requirements [Cisco Identity Services Engine] -…

Thanks.

Ryoko

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not tested by our teams.

Looking at its architecture inArchitecture Overview White Paper , it appears to interact with vCenters and to provide virtual data centers. If the customers able to use vMotion with shared storage, then it might work with ISE. Else, customers might be able to have a separate ISE deployment to act as a cold standby.

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 10.51.00 AM.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is not tested by our teams.

Looking at its architecture inArchitecture Overview White Paper , it appears to interact with vCenters and to provide virtual data centers. If the customers able to use vMotion with shared storage, then it might work with ISE. Else, customers might be able to have a separate ISE deployment to act as a cold standby.

Screen Shot 2017-05-12 at 10.51.00 AM.png

mick5kull
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can we support ISE installation via vCloud Director?

If yes, who to contact to look into the issue?

Customer tried to install iso image via vCloud Director and failed again.

The installation stops at "Installing ISE ...".

Which log to see to find the reason?

The installation via vCloud Director is mandatory for my customer because they don't have a permission to access vCenter directly to install new VMs in their cloud service.

I would recommend working with vcloud support along with cisco TAC to debug these issues.

Since director simply pushes out ISO or OVA then should be no dependencies on ISE to support

I don’t know of any official checking of this tool but will also check internally