Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE wsus and sccm

sudheere
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

We are deploying ISE 1.1.1 for an enterprise customer. Having some doubts about postering. Customer wants to check windows update as part of posture check. What I understood, ise supports only wsus. There is a predefined rule pr_WSUSRule,which can't be edited and don't know how it works. customer is using SCCM to periodically deploy windows patches. Don't know whether pr_WSUSRule is applicable in this scenario. How to go ahead in our case.

Thanks and waiting for your valuable input....

2 Replies 2

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have had this scenario on a few of my ISE deployments and I have made a check so that sms service on the clients are enabled on the workstations before they are granted access to the network. I also run an audit requirement for win 7 32 bit updates (for example) so their administrators can perform checks to see if the sccm patches are being recognized. If the check fails then I have the agent turn it on.

Keep in mind when you deploy ISE you have provide customers a policy and in this case we are using as an enforcement and audit tool over their current sccm architecture.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Tarik

can you explain how you did that ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: