Views
Helpful
Replies

Local CSV Export

paul
Level 10
Level 10

Couple questions on this:

1) Is there any discussion about getting rid of the 1000 line limit for local CSV export?  It is making this option a non-starter for all but lab deployments.  What is the technical reason for this limit?

2) Is there any discussion about making the format of the repository CSV export the same as the local CSV export?  Seems odd that they would have different formats? 

I have a macro I wrote in 1.0 and have updated through the ISE versions that addresses some of the deficiencies in ISE reporting/live logs.  Right now the macro only works with the repository CSV format.  If we were ever allowed to do more than 1000 lines in local CSV it would be nice it used the same format.

I know we can't discuss product futures on this list, but really just want to know why this 1000 line limit exists.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Below is the explanation from our teams,

From ISE 2.2 onwards, the limit on the local export has been increased from 1000 records to 5000 records.

There is no technical reason behind the difference between the two exported format.

Basically from UI only those columns get exported which user has selected and the column names are same as it gets displayed in the UI.

Whereas repository export is a backend activity where it exports all the columns and the raw data.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I believe the reason we are limiting local CSV export to 1K lines is because such reports will run right away and give the results to the ISE admin users. In comparison, those exported to repositories are scheduled so may take a considerable amount of time. In our own lab, we would run a FTP or similar service easily accessible to the ISE admin to serve as the file repository.

I will reach out internally for the other items.

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Below is the explanation from our teams,

From ISE 2.2 onwards, the limit on the local export has been increased from 1000 records to 5000 records.

There is no technical reason behind the difference between the two exported format.

Basically from UI only those columns get exported which user has selected and the column names are same as it gets displayed in the UI.

Whereas repository export is a backend activity where it exports all the columns and the raw data.