Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC Problem

Hello, 

I encountered the below problem.

I have an endpoint that gets unauthorized while it should be authorized.

In the switch, the mac of the aforementioned endpoint is on another interface, not the one that the endpoint is connected to. 

The strange thing is that the MAC of this endpoint is shown on another physical interface and in the interface, the endpoint is connected to it shows a different MAC.

Now I have the interface in authentication open mode. 

But I would like to know why this is happening.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards, 

Konstantinos

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This sounds like a network device configuration problem or potentially a bug.

However you have provided no platform information or switchport configuration details.

See How to Ask The Community for Help.

For a best practice wired switchport configuration, see ISE Secure Wired Access Prescriptive Deployment Guide > IBNS 1.0 interface Configuration for Monitor Mode

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Screenshots would be useful - I don't quite follow your explanation.

You're talking about wired MAB?  Do you have device tracking enabled?

Hello, 

The problem I have is shown in the below picture. 

WrongMAC.png

The endpoint is connected to the port gi1/0/10 and the MAC is the one ending in fe0. 

The MAC of the endpoint is shown in another port(Gi1/0/3) which is not correct. Also, the endpoint is unauthorized.

In the below picture is the correct state

RightMAC.png

I have tracking enabled. 

This sounds like a network device configuration problem or potentially a bug.

However you have provided no platform information or switchport configuration details.

See How to Ask The Community for Help.

For a best practice wired switchport configuration, see ISE Secure Wired Access Prescriptive Deployment Guide > IBNS 1.0 interface Configuration for Monitor Mode

Can you share running-config for both interfaces? Any chance you have port sec enabled on the interfaces that could be creating the issues?