Views
Helpful
Replies

MACOS on Large scale

Sherif El Shourafah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

Do we have any guidance or Cisco best practices or Cisco guide about configuring DOt1X on large scale enterprise to configure EAP options on MACOS, customer is asking, 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I have been involved in leveraging Airwatch to authenticate iphones and macs at scale. Airwatch is able to provision user certs from AD with scep and push them down along with network connection profiles and trust chain.

I say user certs because at least last year when I was going this, Airwatch was not hostname aware, it only had a user tied to a device. It works very well doing user cert eap-tls this way. One caveat would be on macbooks though, the user had to select which certificate they wanted to authenticate with if there were multiple.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Please follow this 802.1X Network Authentication for Mac.

-Aravind

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
I have been involved in leveraging Airwatch to authenticate iphones and macs at scale. Airwatch is able to provision user certs from AD with scep and push them down along with network connection profiles and trust chain.

I say user certs because at least last year when I was going this, Airwatch was not hostname aware, it only had a user tied to a device. It works very well doing user cert eap-tls this way. One caveat would be on macbooks though, the user had to select which certificate they wanted to authenticate with if there were multiple.