cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MDM portal redirection issue

sayokada
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am currently evaluating Meraki MDM integration with ISE using AnyConnect.

The problem only occurs when using iOS device (iPhone/iPad), and the behavior is following.

1. Connect VPN with AnyConnect

2. Access HTTP web page by Safari (other browsers showing same behavior)

3. Redirect to ISE MDM portal (ISE IP_ADDRESS), but does not redirect to Meraki MDM portal

Other devices (Windows/Android) are redirecting to Meraki MDM portal at step 3, and can successfully make registration...

Are there any additional configuration for iOS devices?

Any comments are appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If your ISE is using a self-signed or private enterprise PKI, we've seen Apple iOS devices would not open the ISE portal pages. The workaround is to use a CA chain that is in Lists of available trusted root certificates in iOS - Apple Support to sign the ISE portal server certificate for the ISE MDM portal.

If that is not the case, please engage Cisco TAC for further troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If your ISE is using a self-signed or private enterprise PKI, we've seen Apple iOS devices would not open the ISE portal pages. The workaround is to use a CA chain that is in Lists of available trusted root certificates in iOS - Apple Support to sign the ISE portal server certificate for the ISE MDM portal.

If that is not the case, please engage Cisco TAC for further troubleshooting.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

This workaround is  difficult to apply because the environment is in Internal Lab.

I think, the another workaround is to import ISE server cert into iOS device and use it

So If I directly import certificate from ISE as a root certificate for iOS device.

Does this also resolve my issue?

Best regards,

Sayaka

Please try and let us know if it helps to import ISE certificate to Apple iOS and explicitly trust it as root

If renaming the domain is an option, you may use the same certificate as that in ISE SAW dCloud Demo (Cisco Sales and Partners).

Incidentally, we usually see such issues in our lab pods but not in our alpha network. Thus, it might be due to using MS AD server as the DHCP and DNS for the clients.