ANNOUNCEMENT - The community will be down for maintenace this Thursday August 13 from 12:00 AM PT to 02:00 AM PT. As a precaution save your work.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Memory management for ISE VM

Customer is using ISE 3595 VM which by default allocates 64GB of RAM to the VM. They have been monitoring the memory usage on PSN nodes from vCenter and it's mostly using ~1GB. They are interested in turning the 'Turbonomics Memory Management' feature on, which will dynamically lower or increase the allocated RAM for the VM so there's better usage of shared resources. Is it safe to use such feature for ISE VM? I think it's possible to assign a low watermark which will always be allocated to the VM. What should be that watermark?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Re: Memory management for ISE VM

Hey Chetan,

I don't believe that feature is tested and thus would likely be unsupported for production use.

Thanks,

Russ

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hey Chetan,

I don't believe that feature is tested and thus would likely be unsupported for production use.

Thanks,

Russ

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

correct

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

please reach out to the ISE-PM team

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the confirmation Russ and Jason!