cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MnT Disk allocation.

dazza_johnson
Level 5
Level 5

I have been looking at the "ISE Performance & Scale" document and have some questions (in red).....

In ISE 2.0/2.1 30% disk is allocated to RADIUS log retention and 20% TACACS log retention. So an v2.0/2.1 MnT ISE node with 1TB disk allocates 300GB to RADIUS and 200GB to TACACS?

In ISE 2.2 60% of disk is allocated. This disk allocation is shared by both RADIUS and TACACS in ISE v2.2 - so a 1TB disk allocates 600GB to be shared by both RADIUS and TACACS logs?

The ISE TACACS calculator bases the disk allocation on 80% of the disk capacity - is this right as it is not documented anywhere that I could see? For example, for an ISE 2.0/2.1 deployment with an MnT with 1TB disk space, 800GB (80%) is available and of this 800GB 30% disk is allocated to RADIUS so 240GB is "actually" allocated to RADIUS.

All this is important for my customer to conduct capacity planning. Any confirmation is appreciated as the documentation is a little confusing (in my eyes).

Thanks

DJ

1 Reply 1

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

80% Purge is shown in some Cisco Live presentations by Craig; e.g. Designing ISE for Scale and High Availability (2017 Melbourne)

The rest looks correct to me.