Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple RSA Instances?

bilclay
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE Teams,

Having trouble verifying if a single ISE instance can support multiple separate RSA SecureID instances simultaneously. Can someone please confirm or deny this capability?

Much Appreciated

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

I have never tried this but what happens if you don't define the RSA servers as RSA servers in ISE and treat them as just external RADIUS servers like most other devices to.

Think would be fine but then you would lose token based login, it would be beasic RADIUS auth right?

It should work with token auth.  RSA functions as a RADIUS server.  Think of a scenario where I only have RSA running and want to do toke auth for my VPN, switches/routers.  They can point directly to RSA as a RADIUS server and do token authentication.

I just never have investigated what what you get by doing a true integration with RSA vs. treating it as external RADIUS.  All other OTP solutions integrate with ISE as external RADIUS servers and work perfectly fine.

Yordan1
Level 1
Level 1

hi Paul

how many RSA Identity Sources are supported in ise? I tried to insert the second one, but it is grayed out - pls check the screenshot