cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need help in ISE upgrade via GUI

sujanyakj
Spotlight
Spotlight

I am trying to upgrade the production server via GUI. During the time the IOS download step, i pointed to my tftp server even though i can see the file there i am ISE is not able to see it.

When i copied the image to local disk repo of ISE itself, i can see the ios image there.

My question would be can i use ISE localdisk as the repo while upgrading the ISE.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can use localdisk as the upgrade repository, it would actually be my preferred method due to speed. You can pre stage the file and then you don't have to wait for it to copy across the network during the upgrade. 

The downside is that you need to copy/stage the upgrade file on every node, not too complicated and worth it. 

View solution in original post

I would copy it directly to the root of localdisk: on each node, then from the GUI create a repository that looks like this example in the attachment. 

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Note that if you use localdisk (or any other repo created in the cli) you then need to perform the upgrade from the cli as well.

5 Replies 5

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes you can use localdisk as the upgrade repository, it would actually be my preferred method due to speed. You can pre stage the file and then you don't have to wait for it to copy across the network during the upgrade. 

The downside is that you need to copy/stage the upgrade file on every node, not too complicated and worth it. 

Thank you for the response.

Having obe more query, the location where we need to stage the ios image in ISE , would the repo name should be same in both the end.

I would copy it directly to the root of localdisk: on each node, then from the GUI create a repository that looks like this example in the attachment. 

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Note that if you use localdisk (or any other repo created in the cli) you then need to perform the upgrade from the cli as well.

Hi Marvin,

I created an repo in localdisk and copied the IOS image there. Later via GUI , performed the download the bundle to node step by using the same localdisk repo. Now nodes are showing ready for upgrade via GUI.

Can i continue my upgrade step now from GUI itself or i need to follow the CLI method itself

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: