Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

One account multiple devices with PEAP and ISE

While using Cisco ISE is there a limitation for how many devices that can use one account. For example, I have one account in AD and I want 30 iPads to use that account with PEAP authentication to my wireless network. I've tried google a bit but either the answer isn't there or I'm just bad at search (probably the latter). Any feedback is appricated.

//Peter

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, I've seen a thousand devices leveraging the same AD account, it's just not always the best idea. When one person/device locks the account, none of them are able to reauthenticate. So if you are having people enter these credentials somewhere, this could eventually happen if the fat fingers come out. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, I've seen a thousand devices leveraging the same AD account, it's just not always the best idea. When one person/device locks the account, none of them are able to reauthenticate. So if you are having people enter these credentials somewhere, this could eventually happen if the fat fingers come out. 

lrojaslo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It is not a common practice, but it is possible. You should be able to authenticate same user account multiple times, however it would be risky for account lock out if same account receives multiple failures from different devices.