Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Passwordless (Lookup type) authentication against AD

Hi Gents

i want strange :0) i need user authentication against AD with Lookup type instead of MS-RPC.

the idea behind is to keep current authentication identity source in admin-authentication policy while allowing admin to login on NAD with his SSH public key.

I stuck on the ISE is using MS-RPC with expected result of Authen failure:

24344 RPC Logon request failed - STATUS_WRONG_PASSWORD,ERROR_INVALID_PASSWORD,IMADMIN@MyAD.local
24408 User authentication against Active Directory failed since user has entered the wrong password - MyAD

is it possible to force kinda Lookup authentication type instead of RPC like we do it when testing user/computer against AD? any ideas plzzz?

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Did you get a solution to this?

Isn't this determined by the SSH client and how it accesses the NAS? I am not 100% sure, but I was under the impression that when connecting to devices using a public key, there is no involvement from ISE needed - auth is done based on the saved keys in the SSH client and the IOS device.

Therefore, when regular username/password auth is needed to the same NAS, then ISE is involved again.

I might also be totally wrong.

no Arne. ssh login  conducts Login service type when aaa authen login is bound to RADIUS authC.

this is where (i'm not sure about options) username is mandatory & ISE will request AD if it's configured & will use MS-RPC anyway.

from other side SSH-enabled host may have different authorized keys corresponding to different accounts on the host?

How the SSHD host will recognize which authorized keys storage to use w/o account name?

br andy