Views
Helpful
Replies

Posturing with easy connect for 3rd party devices

Anjan Das
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

We are no full support for passive authentication with easy connect, can we do posturing also without restricting to any 3rd party devices.

Customer don't want to use 802.1x authentications.

Please suggest.

Regards

Anjan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

Posture is supported for most 3rd-party switches and we officially tested a number of vendors.  However, Easy Connect has not been validated with 3rd-party switches. I have not tested.  If it works, then should be good to go.  If not, then you will need to submit enhancement request through Cisco account team.  If not working, then may require some tweaking to CoA logic for 3rd-party devices that do not support reauth.  I would also look at CoA Push for 3rd-party switches that support it.

/Craig

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ldanny
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please see compatibility guide.

Cisco Identity Services Engine Network Component Compatibility, Release 2.2 - Cisco

If not listed we cannot claim support however that does not mean it wont work . Best to test in your own lab enviorment.

Thanks,

Danny

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

Posture is supported for most 3rd-party switches and we officially tested a number of vendors.  However, Easy Connect has not been validated with 3rd-party switches. I have not tested.  If it works, then should be good to go.  If not, then you will need to submit enhancement request through Cisco account team.  If not working, then may require some tweaking to CoA logic for 3rd-party devices that do not support reauth.  I would also look at CoA Push for 3rd-party switches that support it.

/Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: