cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Session directory write failed - why does this happen?

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello

It appears that our production ISE 2.3 patch 1 has had this error for a few months and it's gone unnoticed.  It says to contact the TAC and I have done some searches.  Apparently the resolution is to run

application configure ise

Select option 7 to reset the session DB.

But I am annoyed with this because there is no reason given as to what is causing this, and why I need to take remediation.  Why can't this thing just run normally without us opening a TAC case once a week?  Is this yet another bug ?  I don't need to join the ISE 2.4 beta because I appear to never have left the ISE 2.2 and 2.3 betas ...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately it's hard to say what causing it without extensively debugging.

It could be CSCvf73169, which I filed when an issue seen at a field engineer's lab setup and our dev examined the debug logs and session db dump to resolve the issue. The fix is currently only available in ISE 2.4 but you may also request for a hot patch.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unfortunately it's hard to say what causing it without extensively debugging.

It could be CSCvf73169, which I filed when an issue seen at a field engineer's lab setup and our dev examined the debug logs and session db dump to resolve the issue. The fix is currently only available in ISE 2.4 but you may also request for a hot patch.

dave.devries
Level 1
Level 1

2.4.0.357 with Patch 3 does not resolve it either.  I haven't tried the recommended solution to re-establish the DB but will.