Views
Helpful
Replies

SFTP cyphers

csarrazi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi team,

We have a Customer that would like to know if we updated the SFTP cyphers since ISE 2.O, they woulf like to use aeS256-ctr and ISE 2.0 does not support it :

Jul 21 09:43:08 lxpr540a sshd[4359]: fatal: no matching cipher found: client aes256-cbc,aes128-cbc,aes128-gcm@openssh.com,aes256-gcm@openssh.com server aes128-ctr,aes192-ctr,aes256-ctr

I found this doc but it was not updated since 2.0 : ISE Security Best Practices (Hardening)

the security team refuse to use AES-CBC due to a vulnerability "http://www.isg.rhul.ac.uk/~kp/SandPfinal.pdf"

Please could you tell me if we now support AES-CTR for SFTP ?

regards

Christophe

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Based on my research, we currently don't support that cipher.  We do have an enhancement request in for it.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

M. Wisely
Level 4
Level 4

There is a bug CSCux88538 that was logged as an enhancement for ISE 1.4 to support the aes-ctr ciphers but that is still open. May be worth logging a support call with Cisco.

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Based on my research, we currently don't support that cipher.  We do have an enhancement request in for it.

Regards,

-Tim

csco11552159
Level 5
Level 5

we had same problem when we tried to setup SFTP. Then we have to change the cipher to cbc till the ISE supports .........