Views
Helpful
Replies

show debug on Cisco ISe

Ping Zhou
Level 8
Level 8

Hi experts,

is there "show debug" or equivalent on Cisco ISE CLI to display the debug on/off status, like we have on IOS rtr?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's in the GUI.

Go to Administration > System > Logging > Debug Log Configuration and select your ISE Node from the list.  Here you can change the logging levels to include DEBUG.  Remember to click Save before selecting another.  The entry in the Log Level Column changed to reflect what you chose and gives a quick reference to which debug logs are enabled.

Debug.PNG

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It's in the GUI.

Go to Administration > System > Logging > Debug Log Configuration and select your ISE Node from the list.  Here you can change the logging levels to include DEBUG.  Remember to click Save before selecting another.  The entry in the Log Level Column changed to reflect what you chose and gives a quick reference to which debug logs are enabled.

Debug.PNG

yeah... I was hoping I could check the debug on and off status quickly on CLI directly after I turned debug backup-restore, or debug copy 7, etc. on the ISE CLI, by doing show debug on the CLI too, or something similar...

ISE admin CLI has some debug options but they are limited to infrastructure support.

Once we turn on debug at ISE admin web UI, we may use "show logging application <app-debug-log-file-name> tail" to trail on the progress.