Views
Helpful
Replies

Simultaneous Windows & Cisco AnyConnect VPN Authentication w/Smartcard

geera
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Everyone,

My place of work is struggling with using the Cisco anyConnect VPN. I am on a student placement, so my networking knowledge is fairly fundamental (bare with me!), but I would really like to be the one to come up with a solution for this issue.

In short, users need to insert their smart card, connect to the VPN, & authenticate themselves to the VPN via a PIN. Once connected, they have to re-enter their PIN into the Windows PIN box and authenticate themselves to the machine.

This has been proven to be a lengthy login process, and I would like to make the authentication process simultaneous between the Windows machine and the Cisco anyconnect. 

Essentially, the goal is for users to insert their smart card and only have to provide their PIN once to the Windows PIN box at the login screen. Is there any way to push that PIN to Cisco for authentication to avoid all these extra steps in our login process?

Thank you kindly everyone!

1 Reply 1

So you are using AnyConnect Start Before Login (SBL)?   I don't think will work as Windows does not treat the VPN login as a login to Windows itself.  They are two completely separate and isolated processes.