Views
Helpful
Replies

Trying to authenticate...

Whammer275
Level 1
Level 1

via UPN instead of SAMaccountname.

The issue is we recently federated with O365 and had to change our UPN from matching our SAMaccountname to our email address.

example.   SAM = MD2133  UPN = mdavis@example.com

When i log into my computer with my UPN, NAM pops up and wants my creds.  it will only take my creds if i user my SAM.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

Please see the information to setup NAM profile to use the right type of credential using the administration guide.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect42/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-2/configure_nam.html

That said, ISE does'nt officially support Office 365. As I mentioned I do not know how O365 is integrated with AD.

But you can try that guide above to setup the Anyconnect NAM profile in the right way using NAM profile editor and use that.

Thanks

Krishnan

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

Need more information on what ISE software version you are using.

Not sure what kind of integration you have with Office 365.

Please make sure to check ISE compatibility guide on integration with Office 365.

Cisco Identity Services Engine - Compatibility Information - Cisco

Thanks

Krishnan

We are running ISE 2.1.0.474 / AnyConnect 4.2.05015

kthiruve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Michael,

Please see the information to setup NAM profile to use the right type of credential using the administration guide.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_client/anyconnect/anyconnect42/administration/guide/b_AnyConnect_Administrator_Guide_4-2/configure_nam.html

That said, ISE does'nt officially support Office 365. As I mentioned I do not know how O365 is integrated with AD.

But you can try that guide above to setup the Anyconnect NAM profile in the right way using NAM profile editor and use that.

Thanks

Krishnan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: