cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to delete profiler condition.

Thea OEM
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I am unable to delete profiler condition, it shows message like this "Unable to delete check. com.cisco.cpm.nsf.api.exceptions.NSFCheckDeletionException: com.cisco.epm.pap.api.exceptions.IntegrityViolationException: Can not delete the rule with fqn NAC Group:NAC:PROFILERCheck_Printer_HPlaserjet_24 this is being refered by other rules [PROFILERRule_PRINTER_HPRulec.....,]; nested exception is: com.cisco.epm.pap.api.exceptions.IntegrityViolationException: Can not delete the rule with fqn NAC Group:NAC:PROFILERCheck_Printer_HPlaserjet_24 this is being refered by other rules [PROFILERRule_PRINTER_HPRulec......,]; nested exception is: com.cisco.epm.pap.api.exceptions.IntegrityViolationException: Can not delete the rule with fqn NAC Group:NAC:PROFILERCheck_Printer_HPlaserjet_24 this is being refered by other rules [PROFILERRule_PRINTER_HPRulec.......,]; nested exception is: com.cisco.epm.pap.api.exceptions.IntegrityViolationException: Can not delete the rule with fqn NAC Group:NAC:PROFILERCheck_Printer_HPlaserjet_24 this is being refered by other rules [PROFILERRule_PRINTER_HPRulec.......,] Applied to the following check(s):Printer_HPlaserjet_24"

Dose anyone faced this Issue? please help.

4 Replies 4

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As the error states, "this is being refered by other rules"

The condition is likely referenced in a Profiling Policy or somewhere else in the configuration. ISE will not allow you to delete a condition that is still used in policies, so you would need to find where that condition is referenced and remove it.

Hi @Greg Gibbs 

Sure, before i'm trying to delete it, I have removed it from Profiling policy. but still can't delete it. Thank you for your advise.

In that case, the condition is either referenced somewhere in the config or something is stuck in the database.

You might try exporting the policy config via the Administration > Backup & Restore > Policy Export menu and search the XML file for that string. It's a bit tricky to read the XML, but you should be able to find the category under which it's referenced.

If you can't find it there, then it's likely something stuck in the database and you will have to open a TAC case so they can manually delete it from the DB.

Check the logical profiles, I bet it's in there