Views
Helpful
Replies

Visitor Kiosk Registration - URL Issue

wgomez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to build a Visitor Kiosk portal so a visitor can register themselves and get their guest credentials. I have something kind of working using scripting (this uses a guest portal which is normally used as a redirection URL). However, I need the portal to be easily accessed/refreshed on an iPad. I've pasted at the bottom of this the references I used to work on this - they both say you can use the "Portal test URL" to bookmark on a web browser and that will show the registration. I believe I got my scripting okay, but my issue is that the Portal test URL works when clicking it via the ISE admin portal but eventually the page cannot be reloaded from that URL on the iPad. The page eventually displays "

[ 400 ] Bad Request

The request is invalid due to malformed syntax or invalid data."

Use case / Blogs:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-blogs/providing-temporary-internet-access-for-ise-guests-to-retrieve/ba-p/3099377

and

wgomez_1-1706887111188.png

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/login-page-auto-redirect-to-create-an-account-page/ta-p/3640490

Is this still possible? We don't want to change our guest solution but this was a big ask for our management and Im hoping I can deliver this.

Thank you.

Will

2 Replies 2

I don't believe that would work because the portal redirection link would have a token that will be included in the RADIUS packet that will be sent from ISE to the NAD. Why would you want to add the portal URL with any scripting if you can it automatically through redirection?

Hi Aref, thank you for your reply. 

Yes, the actual portal redirection link would have a token so that wouldn't work. I believe that is why the Portal test URL is referenced in the guide/post that I pasted in the original post. I wanted to use a sponsor type portal that can have a custom fqdn to browse to but those guides/references and the ise portal builder team use a guest portal to do self-registration for a kiosk. So my question is I have a guest portal with the sign-in disabled and the registration appearing - but how do I get the portal loaded and refreshed on an ipad if the Portal test URL eventually stops working - the test URL doesnt have a token (again I assume and understand this is why the guide /references use the Portal Test URL for make this use case work. 

The use case I am trying to do is the use case in the references: We are setting up an ipad as a visitor kiosk for registration. Each time a user comes in they should be able to hit register / or sign in (this I pretty much have scripted with ISEPBs help). Trying to figure out the url part now.

wgomez_0-1706891873246.png