Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless client can't access second switch

beetlejuice
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I have problem to connecting between wireless client to second switch/server behind it.

I have 2 firewall (WG, FG),  2 core switch (Catalyst 3750-X), WLC (2504), DHCP Server using win srv 2008. here's the problem, for client that using LAN cable it works fine to access second switch and web service behind it, but for client that using Wireless cant access or PING to second switch so it cant access server behind it.

here's what I found :

1. when I check ip 1-10 (reserve for switch/router) on vlan (10.1.87.xx) wireless, there's no second switch on that vlan only switch 1 and WLC.

87.1 - (switch 1)

87.2 - (WLC)

2. on my vlan (10.1.85.xx) LAN, I can see my second switch and its working and can access 2nd switch / server behind it

85.1 - (switch 1)

85.2 - (switch 2)

3. I already add static Vlan IP on switch 2 to (10.1.87.3) but still cant ping from switch 1 to that IP.

is there anything should I configure on my WLC or switch so it can access 2nd switch with wireless ?

This is my small network design.

Thank you

problem.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I can see your configured sw1 and sw2 access vlan. Should be trunk 

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/24
 description LINK TO _CoreSW2
 switchport access vlan 181
 switchport mode access

so will communicate vlan 187

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

thiru.vel10
Level 1
Level 1

Svi configured in switch 1 

have you enabled ip routing at sw1 

Hi mr @thiru.vel10 thanks for replying,

can you help me how configure Svi on switch 1 ?  I've never configure SVI before, and I'm still learning.

yes sir, I enable ip routing on switch 1 this is screenshot my routing table, and I think its already full 16 route, should I add more and delete unused sir ?

table route.png

Int Vlan should be in SW  for both subnet 

and pc gateway should point to vlan interface Ip 

Sw1 will do routing between intervlan 

I am not what connection you have between sw1 sw2  switch port trunk 

have allowed both vlan 

Hi, Mr @thiru.vel10 thanks for asking again

I already did what you said earlier, but still no response from sw2 on vlan 187

seems like sw2 wont joining vlan 1.87 on sw1. sw2 creating his own vlan on 1.87.

is there any advice so vlan 1.87 can be merge for both switch sir ?

I attach my conf from sw1 and sw2 may you can see wheres the problem on vlan 1.87

thankyou

I can see your configured sw1 and sw2 access vlan. Should be trunk 

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/24
 description LINK TO _CoreSW2
 switchport access vlan 181
 switchport mode access

so will communicate vlan 187

OMG I'm So stupid..

thanks mr @thiru.vel10 you're so helpfull, it's working now

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Haven't check the details , but basically you need to make sure  that the used WAN/VLAN-network for the particular SSID can access the switch , you could emulate this by putting a port on the network (not wireless) in that particular VLAN too and check if the switch can be accessed from it , 

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

HI Mr @marce1000 thanks for replying

From vlan 10.1.85.xx i can access both Sw (ping, telnet, ssh)

but from vlan 10.1.87.xx I only can acces Sw1

when I scan network using port scanner, only 1 Sw detected on vlan 1.87, normally on network 1.85 I can see and access both switch.1.85.PNG

1.87.PNG