cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ciscoworks failing to sync archive/netconfig using TFTP

nrmdcs
Level 1
Level 1

I had been getting an error when I attempt to deploy a netconfig job with the sync archive before execution checkbox checked.  When I try a job without this checkbox checked Ciscoworks will instead not attempt to deploy to these devices.

The error I see when trying to deploy a netconfig is: "ERROR:RME_CDL1032:Synchronization of the running configuration before deploy, has failed"

When I try to manually sync archive the execution result is: "Unable to get results of job execution for device. Retry the job after  increasing the job result wait time using the option:Resource Manager Essentials  -> Admin -> Config Mgmt -> Archive Mgmt ->Fetch Settings" - I have tried increasing the time out to no effect.

If I remove TFTP as a transport option for Archive Mgmt and Netconfig in RME > Admin > Transport Settings I can sync archive and deploy netconfig jobs so I am assuming there is something wrong with TFTP.  I tested that TFTP works by creating CSCOpx\tftpboot\test.txt and then copying the config from a device to that file over TFTP.  I've checked all the permissions to ensure that causers has full control over what it needs and it does so I'm a bit stumped.

I'm running:

LMS 3.2

Common Services 3.3.0

RME 4.3.0

From what I have been able to gather it stopped working on the 30th of June, and on that day the following software installation was completed to add the latest Cat3560 package to support Cat3560v2 devices:  Cat3560(7.1) ,LibCommon(2.4.1) ,LibInventory(3.1.3) ,LibSwim(2.5.2) ,SharedSwim2900XL(2.2.1) ,SharedSwimIOS(2.5.1)

I'm assuming one of the Lib dependencies that was installed may have broken TFTP somehow but as I cannot find anything in logs to indicate this I'm not sure that I am on the right track.

Anyone have any bright ideas?

Thanks!

15 Replies 15

You mentioning lib packages made me check to see is there were any more recent lib packages available, and I installed the following updates:

• LibDcma(2.3.1)
  • SharedDcmaSS(2.2.1)
  • SharedInventoryMDS(1.5.1)
  • SharedNetconfigSS(1.2.1)

I hadn't thought of doing this earlier because I presumed that the 3560 package would upgrade all the necessary packages (and indeed it did update a number of other packages).  The updates appeared to have fixed the problem, so I will test it for a few weeks on our secondary box and then update the primary.

I'm kicking myself for not trying this earlier...

Thanks for your assistance