Views
Helpful
Replies

CNR on Centos 6 & DHCP service issue

pachhapur
Beginner
Beginner

Hi All,

I tried to install the Cisco Network Registerar on Centos 6. When I start the services I see everything working fine. The DHCP service doesn't get started at all. There is a issue while starting it.

Please let me know how to trouble shoot this and is LDAP mandatory for DHCP service to be started ?

-Amar

3 Replies 3

pachhapur
Beginner
Beginner

Could some one provide me some inputs on this installation. I have provided all the necessary license and still the DHCP service is not starting. The Version of the CNR is 7.2 which is latest I believe. Will this version work on Centos 6 ? If yes then what is wrong with DHCP service. If this doesn't work on Centos 6 then I need to change the OS.

Please help.

Thanks

-Amar

Amar,

I had similar problem when trying to run CNR on 64-bit CentOS (though it was 5.7). After I changed to 32-bit OS version everything went fine.

Hope this helps.

Dmitry

u403185
Beginner
Beginner

Dear Amar,

i had exactly the same issues. After reading more or less Cisco Doku i found a small hint on a cisco web site.

---- snip ----

Red Hat Linux Installation

Installing Network Registrar on Red Hat Linux requires that you install the 32-bit OpenLDAP library; otherwise, the DHCP server may fail to start.

---- snap ----

In addidtion the install routine requested sun-java also in 32bit version.

So after all it runs on a 64Bit CentOS6 with these two 32bit applications.

Kind regards

Maik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Recognize Your Peers