Helpful
Replies

HTTP request from outside is failing. ASA5505

Huseyn
Level 1
Level 1

Firewall: ASA5505

Issue: HTTP request from outside is failing

Log from ASDM-1: DENY TCP (no connection) from IP_address/port to IP_address/port flags tcp_flags on interface interface_ame

Log from ASDM-2: The ASA discarded a TCP packet that has no associated in the ASA connection table. The ASA looks for a SYN flag in the packet, which indicates a request to establish a new connection. If the SYN flag is not set, and there is no existing connection, the ASA discards the packet.

In the configuration of ASA both HTTP and HTTPS rules allowed. So incoming HTTP request should go to server named Reverse_proxy. HTTPS requests work fine but HTTP requests is failing. Here is some logs that I could capture. How can I troubleshoot this issue?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies 4

Hello,

where is this request coming from (the logs indicate some sort of reverse proxy) ?

Post the full running config of your 5505...

This log belongs to request that sent from Reverse_proxy(local server) to outside network. About configuration to be honest I don't know how to get that. But as soon as I can I will attach here

I checked to port with nmap -sS 82.194.18.246 -p 80 -v and showed up that this port is filtering by firewall. Is this can be the issue ? If so, How can I fix it ?

Hello,

in your original post, you say:

--> In the configuration of ASA both HTTP and HTTPS rules allowed.

Then you say:

--> About configuration to be honest I don't know how to get that. But as soon as I can I will attach here

Do you actually have access to the ASA config ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card