cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lms v4.2 template question

cgiglio13
Level 1
Level 1

in lms 4.2 i have successfully imported mibs, created templates, created associated pollers and run reports on the data.

the question/problem is.... some of the default templates have a Computation feature.  For example, the default template for Interface Utilization takes the polled stats for In/Out Octets and computes % utilzed for RX and TX based on the link speed.  When i create my own interface utilization template there is no where to add Computation to the template and therefore what the report shows is large numbers of bits or bytes which makes it not so easy to deciper...esp for mgmt.  Even when the default template is copied, the Computation value is not there anymore.

How can i add Computation feature to my custom templates?

anyone have any ideas?

5 Replies 5

mleivcisco
Level 1
Level 1

Any news about this problem

I have this problem too!

Unfortunately, this is not a problem, this is by design. Those system templates which generate the data in % etc, needs computation of data from output of multiple OID's. Like for interface utilisation following formula is used :

As this is possible to be done for system templates at the background and show correct data, which is a little difficult with custom templates.

So with the custom templates, it just polls the device and shows the information as it is returned by the device.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Ok  but design only the system templates have an algorithm that considers various variables.

In the xml file (system template) there is a algorith with the formula but in custom templates there isn't formulas only variables that means that there is not calculation of any type

I want to do this because the template System "Port Utilization" have ifHighSpeed variable that doesn't show any data and i want to quit

And i want to generate a System Template to show Atenuation in Fiber Optic Modules (SFP) i read that there is MIB for this but if i can't create custom templates with computation rx and tx i'll never be able to create the reports.

Any other solution to create reports of atenuation in Fiber Optic Modules SFP?

Thanks in advance

Something not returning right value for ifHighSpeed should be checked once for portAdminSpeed/ifSpeed.

For Fiber, probably you want to check CISCO-OPTICAL-MONITOR-MIB.

You can choose the OID(s) you want to use to poll your devices and configure a custom template which can show ouputs from devices.

-Thanks

Vinod

**Encourage Contributors. RATE Them.**

-Thanks Vinod **Rating Encourages contributors, and its really free. **

Thanks for the answer

I tried to upload that MIB but appears an error about a dump file not found.

Here is the list of the MIBS to compile de OPTICAL-SENSOR

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/SNMP/do/BrowseMIB.do?local=en&step=2&mibName=CISCO-OPTICAL-MONITOR-MIB

I have it all (LMS 4.1) but i can't compile the RFC's (parse error) any of them. (i can't compile the SNMPv2-TC-v1.mib either (invalid file).

I attach screenshot, thanks in advance