cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog messages

msalim
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured our switches with syslog traps and syslog server as LMS server, but I don't see any messages under "syslog Alerts" in RME module. The messages are collected fine on another linux box. I don't see much configuration of syslog server on LMS.

In RME, Syslog collector Status under Tools, shows 1855, 12, 1867 under Invalid,Filtered and Received respectively, but when I tried to run syslog report it doesn't show anything. I would like to collect all switches syslog messages on LMS box. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

21 Replies 21

No, the severity levels for the portlet are hardcoded. However, LMS 3.2 offers a new portlet called Syslog Summary which displays the 24-hour syslog event distribution as a pie graph along with the specific syslog counts.

We bought LMS 3.1 this year, do you know if we can upgrade to 3.2 without any additional cost.

Thanks,

Sure. Just to go http://www.cisco.com/go/lms/ and download the eval. You can then use your 3.1 license without any additional cost.

So my understanding is that after installing the LMS3.1 license it will remain 3.2. I hope LMS3.2 will accept 3.1 license key.

I will try and let you know. Thanks for your help.

I hope installing 3.2 eval would not mess up any current configuration or data collection.

Thanks,

Not at all. If you install the eval on a licensed copy of LMS 3.1, it will simply upgrade your copy to a licensed install of 3.2. There won't be any eval involved in that case.

Thanks for that info. I couldn't download 3.2 eval, but I have contacted our sales rep for assistance. This matter can be considered resolved.

Thanks,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card