Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2 ip public (from 2 ISP) nat to 1 ip server private

Dear All,

I need suggestion for configuration 2 ip public (from 2 ISP) nat to 1 ip server private on Cisco ASA.

Currently I have 1 ISP and I configure NAT Static IP Public (202.77.xxx.xx) --> 10.10.10.25 (IP Private Server).

My Company have plan to add new ISP, for example have ip public : 202.88.xxx.xx.

This server will registered on domain use 2 ip public.

My question is :

Is it possible I configure 2 ip public (from 2 ISP) nat to 1 ip server private ?

IP Public (202.77.xxx.xx) --> 10.10.10.25 (IP Private Server)

IP Public (202.88.xxx.xx) --> 10.10.10.25 (IP Private Server)

Whether, I configure nat static again for 202.88.xxx.xx to 10.10.10.25 ?

Please your suggestion.

Regards,

Ardhy

3 Replies 3

Ajay Saini
Level 7
Level 7

That is possible, with few additions to config. Since you have 2 ISPs, I would assume that ISP1 is primary ISP(default gateway pointing to it) and second ISP will be less preferred ISP.

Assuming that above is the case, we would need to add a less preferred route on ISP2 interface so that traffic when arrives inbound through ISP2 knows a way back out through same interfaces, hence not causing any asymmetric routing which ASA doesn't like much.

Things you would need:

- route on ISP2 , less preferred, something like

route ISP2 0 0 x.x.x.x 254

x.x.x.x - default gateway on ISP2

- static nat statement to map the inside server to a public ip address on ISP2

-access-list to allow traffic inbound from ISP2

Let me know if there are any questions

HTH

-AJ

Thanks Ajay for your suggestion,

Assume that is 2 ISP running Active - Active. So, I have to configure PBR (Policy Base Routing) to manage traffict, example : http (ISP 1) and https (ISP2).

And i understand you mean, and i have imagined to do like as you suggestion to me.

But i don't sure it's working.

Whether you ever do that, like as my case above ?

Because the Goal is if ISP 1 Down, then cover by ISP 2 and vice versa.

or Should be to buy other device to handle this case ?

Regards,

Ardhy

As long as routes across both ISP are active, it should work. Can you paste your running config(remove the public ip address info). Also, add the output of 'show route'

-

AJ

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card