Views
Helpful
Replies

2110 Active Failover Light Indicators

gtvit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are configuring a pair of ASA 2110's and we configured Active/Standby failover on them.  At one point the active indicator on the standby firewall was amber, which after reading the documentation, was correct.  Long story short, we made some config changes, didn't like those changes, then reverted the config back to before we made the changes.  Now all of a sudden, the active firewall has the light indictor solid green and the standby failover firewall has the active light indictor off.  We tested failover by shutting the active firewall off and the standby firewall became active.  When i do a sh failover it says the one host is standby ready.  I'm curious why the standby firewall active indictor is not turning amber anymore.  Is this normal behavior or a bug? 

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As long as the Active Standby working and you have tested this. which i assume the Standby become active and the active become stand by. if you have tested this than all working dont be worried abuot the light.

please do not forget to rate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

As long as the Active Standby working and you have tested this. which i assume the Standby become active and the active become stand by. if you have tested this than all working dont be worried abuot the light.

please do not forget to rate.

Hey Sheraz,

I left the firewalls on over the weekend and came in this morning and the active light on the standby was amber.  It just must have taken awhile for it to realize it was the standby firewall.  The failover was working, i would shutdown the active and the failover would turn to active.  

Thanks for your response.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card