Views
Helpful
Replies

6509E FWSM INTERFACE VLAN SHOWING DOWN

Jacob Samuel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Friends,

I have 2 6509E switch with FWSM. There is 2 valn for the fwsm alsO. inside vlan 101 and outside vla 95. Outside will be the virtual connection to the MSFC for fwsm to msfc routing and on 101 vlan connects the server Farm, int gig1/1-40 on the same switch.

The Problem what i am facing now is - both my interfaces on the fwsm is showing down

int vlan 95 outside

down/down

int vlan 101 inside

down/down

WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM PLEASEEE ????

I read in many places that you need a up/up interface or active trunk to make the SVI up. What i should do in this case to make the interface btween the FWSM and MSFC to come up???

regards

Jacob

2 Replies 2

purohit_810
Level 5
Level 5

Can you do this?

Verify the Interfaces

Verify that all interfaces on the FWSM have a configured standby IP address. If you have not done so already, configure the active and standby IP addresses for each interface (routed mode), or for the management address (transparent mode). The standby IP address is used on the FWSM that is currently the standby unit. It must be in the same subnet as the active IP address.

This is an example configuration:

ip address standby Note: Do not configure an IP address for the failover link or for the state link (if you are going to use Stateful Failover).

Note: You do not need to identify the standby address subnet mask. The failover link IP address and MAC address do not change at failover. The active IP address for the failover link always stays with the primary unit, while the standby IP address stays with the secondary unit.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a0080965dec.shtml#verify

Thanks,

Dharmesh Purohit

Dharmesh

Just noticed this post in Firewalling. A couple of us have already dealt with this as it was cross posted into LAN Switching and Routing Forum -

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Network%20Infrastructure&topic=LAN%2C%20Switching%20and%20Routing&topicID=.ee71a04&fromOutline=&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.2cc23fda

Jon

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card