Views
Helpful
Replies

Access Rule insertion

hawyangtung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What I'm trying are inserting rule into section, category, placing of the rule as top of the category.

I have tried it on api-explorer, it is not that complete and it been a guess/ blind testing from my end.

Below are the parameters I tried in api-explorer and I encountered "Error: Unprocessable Entity".

I'm still looking for a sample code for below parameters.

section=mandatory/default
category=<Name of the category>
insertAfter=<Index of rule>
insertBefore=<Index of rule>
3 Replies 3

hawyangtung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have consult with the Cisco Engineer for this issue, apparently I'm using the older version of the FMC. Following their recommendation, I have upgraded to 6.2.1 and it working now. 

Thanks & Regards

Apparently, it only work for POST operation.

I have tried to use PUT operation (change/ move existing rule to another section/category) and it not working.

It giving me error "description": "Invalid query parameter for the PUT operation."

Another things I found that from GUI, we can see the rule # and from each category we able to see category name follow by # of rule inside the category. Anyone have a way to extract that using API? As I would like to use insertBefore/After by getting rule#.

guibarati
Level 4
Level 4

did you manage to get this working?

Could you share a sample of the code you used to enter "insertAfter' or "insertBefore"?

Thank you!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card