cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Cisco ASA to a live ASA

martinbuffleo
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have a Cisco 5510 runing on my network. I have just ordered a second 5510 for failover.

I would like to to ensure that when I configure HA the live config gets sync'd and not the blank/brand new config. Otherwise I'll loose all my config.

Can someone advise the best steps to take? Of course I'll take a backup before I start.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies 2

andrew.prince
Level 10
Level 10

Pre-configure the secondary unit the same as the live, but have the command failover unit secondary on the new device. All should be OK.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Hi Martin,

In addition to Andrew's suggestion - I guess you are planning to add the unit first time (not replacing any failed stdby unit). In this scenario, I suggest you schedule a maintenance window as you need to add the standby ip + failover configuration on primary (current ASA). Once that is done, adding standby unit is very easy.Check the below link for more information.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00807dac5f.shtml

hth

MS

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card