Views
Helpful
Replies

Add Web content into ISE Web Server?

chrbar.net
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We use Cisco ISE 1.2.0.899 on our network.

We would like to add a Web based documentation about Guest Portal ("how to find MAC Address", "how to release/renew IP Address"...) on our network to help users.

Idealy we would like to host these data on the Web server integrated to ISE (which already hosts Guest/Sponsor Portals).
Does ISE allow that?

Unregistered users (or not already profiled devices) are automatically redirected to the Guest Portal, but we would like they're able to access to this documentation (hosted on ISE Web Server or another Web Server).

How can we set that? By not using port 80 to access to this documentation?
Which elements does ISE identify to redirect browsers to the Guest Portal? Is it port 80, http protocol or other?

Regards,
Chris

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This can be done.

Have you looked at the "Customizing the End-User Web Portals" section of the user's guide? 

Thanks Marvin.

I've checked this guide, I may have misunderstood, but I've seen how to customize built-in content only, and not how to add our own content.

We've created our own documentation (html files), and we would like that our users can access to it when they are using the Guest Portal.
We thought add the documentation URL on the "Guest Portal Login", to open it in a pop-up or new window.

Can we host these documentation files on ISE Web Server (apache)?
Or do we have to host them on a separate server?

Because unregistered users/devices are automatically redirected to the Guest Portal, we would like to know how to allow users to access to this online documentation without the documentation pages are also redirected to the Guest Portal?

Thanks for your help,
Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card