Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding FMC to an existing setup with FTD's

Karan.singh3
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am adding a FMC to an existing setup of 3 independent firewalls (one Firepower 2140 (NGFW Version 6.2.3.3 ) and 2 ASA 5506 (NGFW Version 6.2.3.1)). I tried searching however didnt find an easy way to import their existing configuration to FMC. 

Whats the best way to add them to FMC and retain their existing configuration?

Reg 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

As i understand you're using FDM (on box management) and want to migrate them to FMC management.
If so, you can't do that and need to recreate all policies on FMC.

Here an enhancement request for this purpose:
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvk59611/?rfs=iqvred

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

As i understand you're using FDM (on box management) and want to migrate them to FMC management.
If so, you can't do that and need to recreate all policies on FMC.

Here an enhancement request for this purpose:
https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvk59611/?rfs=iqvred

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

mnair
Level 1
Level 1

Please Note: When you dissociate and associate fmc with firepower, its wipes out all the config from your current firepower after auto policy deployment.

You would need to configure all the interface and HA configuration from the scratch including VPN.

If you already have an fmc and migrating to new box, then you can imports policies from existing box, which will also import all the objects associated with the policy.

Objects not part of any policy will not be imported and has to recreated manually.

Please take screenshots especially HA. Perform object number comparison between current and new fmc.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: