Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding interfaces to a new FTDv !!

san ju.
Level 1
Level 1
Hi there,

As a first-time user of FTDv, I have concerns about adding a new interface to my new device. I have added the PLR license to this device. 
Could you please tell me if I need to disable the current license to add a new interface and if so, will I need to pay for a new license after adding the interface?

Device details : 

Model - Cisco Firepower Threat Defense for KVM

Software - 7.0.1-84

I would greatly appreciate any help you can provide!!

Thanks.!
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Apologies - i was in impression you already provisioned Interface on VM and you looking add to config, if you looking add brand new, the guide mentioned correct, you need wipe and do fresh setup as this is not production you can do it easy, Make sure when you deploying new interface consider future requirement, (if not you need more and more down time)

this only reset the config to start over with all interface config again.

Note : i not recall i did in Lab, you turn off the VM and Add interface in Esxi and bootup and check (is that interface you can see).

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You Looking to add new Interface to currently running FTDv ? the License tagged to VM serial number not to interface.

BB

san ju.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Thanks for the response, The device is not in production now! I just created and just applied for the license through the FDM UI (Universal PLR) after applying I get to know that I need 1 more interface for the failover!.

Also, does delete and enabling LOCAL manager in the CLI affect the license?

Thanks.

Also, does delete and enabling LOCAL manager in the CLI affect the license?

Not that i am aware which effect the License, But if you have only 1 Interface, if you removing that interface , you need to use console to make changes is best option, rather kill own interface.

BB

san ju.
Level 1
Level 1

hi Balaji,

okay, my device current interface status : 

GigabitEthernet0/0 outside Routed 192.168.1.10 Static Enabled

GigabitEthernet0/1 inside Routed 10.8.6.21 Static Enabled

Management0/0 diagnostic Routed Enabled

The purpose is to add one more interface "Gi0/2" without affecting license,

The below documentation I referred, https://docs.defenseorchestrator.com/Configuration_Guides/Interfaces/0110_Configuring_Firepower_Interfaces/0060_Add_Interfaces_to_Firepower_Threat_Defense_Virtual

So which option should I take to perform this?

Thanks,

Apologies - i was in impression you already provisioned Interface on VM and you looking add to config, if you looking add brand new, the guide mentioned correct, you need wipe and do fresh setup as this is not production you can do it easy, Make sure when you deploying new interface consider future requirement, (if not you need more and more down time)

this only reset the config to start over with all interface config again.

Note : i not recall i did in Lab, you turn off the VM and Add interface in Esxi and bootup and check (is that interface you can see).

BB

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card