cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding Remote Routers To Cisco ASA 5510

chanjohn01
Level 1
Level 1

I am pretty new to Cisco networking and would greatly appreciate some assistance with setting up a test router to use from home to connect into our network. My organization would like for us to provide upper management with home office setups to give them the ability to work from home. We will provide all of the equipment of course (router, phone and workstation). my boss wants me to use some of our old decommissioned equipment to set up a test home office to see how efficient and feasible it would be. I have a Cisco 1700 router, Altigen IP720 phone, and Dell Optiplex 380 workstation.

Can anyone tell me what configurations I need to make on said devices to get this to work? I've searched many sites but not sure how to effectively search for the topic in which I'm referencing

Thanks in advance for any input, links, configs etc. !!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is it your intention to establish L2L tunnel from each home to the ASA5510? Once the tunnel is established then this phone and PC will be like the ones that are behind the ASA.

-Kureli

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Kureli Sankar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is it your intention to establish L2L tunnel from each home to the ASA5510? Once the tunnel is established then this phone and PC will be like the ones that are behind the ASA.

-Kureli

YES!! that's exactly what I would like to do. Based on your response, I should be able to find sufficient documentation on how to implent this. Do you have any suggestions on best practices?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card