Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5506-X missing FirePOWER tab

TAC-itsupport
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We bought a whole set of ASA 5506-x w/firepower + security licenses +50 AnyConnect VPN licenses from a trusted vendor, but it's look like this version (9.12) does not support Firepower!! The Cisco technician told us due to RAM issues 5506-x after 9.9 version dose not support Firepower and we have to downgrade the version. So I tried to download it from 9.12(1)2 to 9.9 (also tried 9.8, 9.6) but still can not see the firepower tab when I used ASDM. Could you please help me with downgrade and get compatible image version?

this is the image I got from Cisco website: asa992-85-lfbff-k8.SPA

ASA serial number is: JMX2537X01F

ASA version: 9.12(1)2

ASDM version: 7.12(1)

Thanks

Babak

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

FirePOWER services on the 5506-X platform is not supported beyond version 9.9x.  If you want to use it, you'll need to downgrade to 9.9x.  Release Notes for the Cisco ASA Series, 9.10(x) - Cisco

It can also only run up to FirePOWER 6.2.

If the SFR software has been uninstalled, you'll need to re-install it.  Also check that the SSD hasn't been removed.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Octavian Szolga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, 

It may be because you ASA does not have the firepower services software module installed. 

Take a look at this: Cisco ASA 5506-X Series Quick Start Guide - Cisco

In order to install firepower services on ASA, use this: 

Install and Configure a FirePOWER Services Module on an ASA Platform - Cisco

BR, 

Octavian

Use ASDM to Manage a FirePOWER Module on an ASA - Cisco

""In case ASDM cannot establish an SSL tunnel with the FirePOWER Management IP address, then it will only load this FirePOWER Menu Item""

check above link it described your issue and how you can solve it.

FirePOWER services on the 5506-X platform is not supported beyond version 9.9x.  If you want to use it, you'll need to downgrade to 9.9x.  Release Notes for the Cisco ASA Series, 9.10(x) - Cisco

It can also only run up to FirePOWER 6.2.

If the SFR software has been uninstalled, you'll need to re-install it.  Also check that the SSD hasn't been removed.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Like @andrew.butterworth suggested: downgrade and then re-install the SFR (Firepower) module.

See step 10 here for details: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/firepower/quick_start/reimage/asa-ftd-reimage.html#id_57458

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card