Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 content filtering and Antivirus, Antispyware configuration

Hi Support team,

I have ASA 5510 witn CSC-SSM-10 with security plus license. Then how to configure to get updates from Trend Labs for antivirus and atispyware.

And I want to configure the content filtering in my network using the this firewall. Will you me sample configuration for doing all these????

Is my firewall support ISP Load balancing??????

Thanks in Advance for your response...

Regards,

Janardhan

7 Replies 7

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Here is the administrator guide for CSC module and it contains all the configuration steps (including how to update the module):

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/csc/csc63/administration/guide/csc_admin.html

Here is the configuration guide to send traffic from ASA towards the CSC module to be inspected:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6120/products_configuration_example09186a00808dea62.shtml

And  lastly, ASA does not support ISP load balancing as it does not support 2  default gateways configured on 2 separate interfaces.

ASA however supports redundant/backup ISP, however only 1 link can be active at a time:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2030/products_configuration_example09186a00806e880b.shtml

Hope that helps.

HI jennifer Halim,

Thanks for your quick response. I will go through the documents and get you

back.

Finally One more question,

Is CSC-SSM come externally or it is pre-installed in ASA???

Regards,

Janardhan.

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 3:46 PM, halijenn <

Depending on which bundle of ASA you have purchased, as you can purchase a standalone ASA 5510, or you can purchase it with the module as a bundle.

HI Jennifer Halim,

Appreciated your response.....

Is we need to give seperate IP addresses for Managing both ASA and CSC???

If we assigned seperate seperate IP addresses, is these IP addresses should

be same subnet or seperate subnet???

Will you give me command line administration guide for CSC????

Regards,

Janardhan

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 4:48 AM, halijenn <

No, the ASA and CSC management ip address does not need to be in the same subnet, as long as you can get to the ip address from your network, it is fine. You will need to connect the port on the CSC module to your network accordingly for management.

There is no command line configuration for CSC module. All configuration for the CSC module is done via the GUI (ASDM).

HI Jennifer Halim,

So shall i use both IPs from the same subnet??? Is it recommnded??????

Or I need to go for different subnet?????

Dont think wrong for asking these type of questions. I am going to use ASA

5510 first time. So i am asking these questions..

Regards,

Janardhan

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 1:25 PM, halijenn <

Yes, you can use IP in the same subnet if your network does not have a separate management interface.

Normally, people will use a different ip address (ip address that is only for management subnet if you already configure all devices management in one subnet). If not, then there is no issue having the IP in the same subnet for both the ASA and CSC module management.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card