cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 intial setup???

Gary Lefebvre
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to connect my asa to my network. I am new to firewalls. I started with setting the management0/0 interface on an ip address of 192.168.1.2/24 and connected it to my router with 192.168.1.1/24. Both interfaces are on the same subnet. I tried to ping the router gateway from the asa, (ping 192.168.1.1) and I get ????? From there i setup (nameif inside) and tried the same ping and got ?????

I am trying to setup tftp so I can upgrade the IOS...

Kind regards,

Gary Lefebvre

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Gary,

Just check if the ports are mapped to same vlan or different vlan , it looks like it must be a problem on switch config as there is nothing much which needs to be done on firewall as it is a direct subnet.

Thanks,

Ankita

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ankojha
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Gary,

Could you share if you have a switch which is connecting management port of ASA to inside port of router and whether switch is allowing the communication.

Thanks,

Ankita

yes, it is a wireless router and the switch portion fa0/0 is connected to the asa management0/0

i tried both cross-over and straight though cables still no communication

Hi Gary,

Just check if the ports are mapped to same vlan or different vlan , it looks like it must be a problem on switch config as there is nothing much which needs to be done on firewall as it is a direct subnet.

Thanks,

Ankita

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card