Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5525 code from 9.14.4 to 9.12.4

osbee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are running an HA pair with ASA 5525 using code 9.14.4, but there is a newer patch with the 9.12.4 code that I want to use instead. Has anyone gone through this upgrade before? Or are there specific considerations we need to be aware of?

I've checked the release notes for both 9.14 and 9.13 to see if there are any new features that we use, but I haven't found any.

Best regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Going from 9.14.4 to 9.12.4 would essentially be a downgrade, but that being said since you are not using any new features you should be OK with the downgrade.  Atleast I have never had any issues upgrading or downgrading ASA 5500 devices.

As always, be sure that you have a full and complete backup of your configuration before you start your downgrade.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Going from 9.14.4 to 9.12.4 would essentially be a downgrade, but that being said since you are not using any new features you should be OK with the downgrade.  Atleast I have never had any issues upgrading or downgrading ASA 5500 devices.

As always, be sure that you have a full and complete backup of your configuration before you start your downgrade.

--
Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

Ideally you'll need to re-enter "snmp-server user" commands (with passwords in clear) after downgrade, if you use SNMPv3. In 9.14 running-config normally contains single command per-user and in 9.12 it normally contains two commands per user (with passwords hashed by SNMP engine-id of active and standby units). This allows continuous SNMP polling even if both units reboot simultaneously.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card