Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA EoL and EoS dates.

I am having some confusions on the EoL and EoS dates for the ASA 5545 and ASA 5555 devices that we have.
The PID says: PID: ASA5545 and PID: ASA5555

We are not able to find the accurate document which mentions the EoL and EoS dates for these devices.

I am able to find documents that mention ASA5555-X or some subscription term but not specifically for these part number.

Any guidance would help.

Regards,

N.

10 Replies 10

check below

Thanks, the X factor is what is giving me the confusion. I am specifically looking at the hardware product with the PID mentioned.

Regards,

N.

check below

All ASA 5545 and 5555 are technically 5545-X and 5555-X products.

Some documents omit the X. Those are documentation errors since there is no such thing as a "non-X" 5545 or 5555.

check below 

I don't think this link is actually relevant to the hardware. In the "Product migration options", section, we read "Customers can continue to purchase the 1YR subscriptions as available." Based on this and the rest of the formatting throughout the bulletin, I read it as only speaking about license subscriptions and not the hardware itself. If the bulletin was applicable to the hardware, surely they wouldn't have failed to add those SKUs to it.

Also, if you check the "Models" tab of the ASA5500 page, there is no EOL listed next to the 5555, just that it is not for sale.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/asa-5500-series-next-generation-firewalls/series.html#~tab-extra

I am starting to think there are no official EOL dates for the 5555 yet. I'll ask TAC.

Excellent, thank you for digging that up! TAC also told me the same date and I have asked if they will send my case to whoever writes the EoL bulletins to clarify.

hi marvin,

thanks for sharing!

it's a struggle to find stuff like this as they're scattered all over the internet.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card