Views
Helpful
Replies

asa failover

Psmurali89
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

I got a pair or ASA firewalls in active/standby at office premise. Primary firewall connected to Primary PDU and secondary firewall connected to secondary PDU. We changing the primary PDU. While changing the PDU the primary firewall goes down and the firewall will automatically failover to secondary (which becomes active) and when the primary firewall comes back online i believe there wont be any pre-empt for this firewall to be primary again? In this case the former secondary will be primary and vice versa? 

If i need to change it back I just need to say "no failover active" from the current active (secondary) firewall? 

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@Psmurali89 correct, there is no preempt. You'd need to manually failback using the command you mentioned.

View solution in original post

If i need to change it back I just need to say "no failover active" from the current active (secondary) firewall?  Yes 

for automatic I will check solution using EEM 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

@Psmurali89 correct, there is no preempt. You'd need to manually failback using the command you mentioned.

Thank you. 

If i need to change it back I just need to say "no failover active" from the current active (secondary) firewall?  Yes 

for automatic I will check solution using EEM 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card