Helpful
Replies

ASA- how to map a destination public IP address to another

AyoubC
Level 1
Level 1

Hello ASA Gurus, 

I'm running into a case, 

I have a lot of APs pointing to a controller hosted in a cloud platform using a public IP address

the controller has been deleted by error, we were able to recover the controller VM but unfortunately not the public IP address,

is it possible to config the ASA to map access points destination traffic the old controller IP to the new one?if yes how to do it? 

note1: my network is quite simple, inside -- outside 

note2: do not ask me why I'm not using name resolution because the network designer made a mistake  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure - your NAT rule can do that. If you are using ASDM, there are fields for "original packet destination address" and "translated packet destination address". Just put the old and new controller addresses in those fields (along with whatever NAT you want to apply to the source IP addresses in those respective fields).

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure - your NAT rule can do that. If you are using ASDM, there are fields for "original packet destination address" and "translated packet destination address". Just put the old and new controller addresses in those fields (along with whatever NAT you want to apply to the source IP addresses in those respective fields).

Good to know that it's feasible. 

I'll implement that and in case I can have a problem I'll reach out. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card