cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA in Transparent mode

Ronald Nutter
Level 1
Level 1

I am configuring a pair of 5580's to run in transparent mode.  From reading a plethora of do

cuments, I understand that multicast doesnt pass native and that you have to use ACL's.  I dont deal with multicasting on my side of

the house, that is handled by the voice side.  What questions do I need to ask on the voice side in order to properly create ACL's that will allow it to pass?

I have been looking for days and havent found a document on Cisco's website that addresses this.  Everyone that I have found says that I will need to do it but doesnt say anything else.

Ron

1 Reply 1

matt.walls
Level 1
Level 1

If layer 2 on inside of firewall, then just need acl's for IGMP and UDP.  If layer 3 on inside of firewall, you will most likely want to do PIM to adjacent router, so would need PIM, IGMP, UDP (if only have receivers on inside layer 3, can do igmp-helper on inside router then wouldn't require pim).  for PIM, if allowed, easiest to do host rule between inside router and outside router.  IGMP, will be local lan and dst, of multicast groups, same for UDP.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card