Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA licenses and sharing

garry cordess
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I know that I can share the Anyconnect Premium licenses across a failover pair of ASA's (on 8.3 software). But can I share the Anyconnect Mobile and Advanced Endpoint assessment licenses in the same way?

Or is it the case that the Mobile and Endpoint Assessment licenses are required per ASA when in a failover pair? And the only license that is shared across a failover pair is the Premium SSL license?

Thanks,

Garry.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nope, you can also share the Mobile and Endpoint Assessment license. The license will be active on whichever ASA that will be the active one.

Here is the URL for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa83/license_standalone/license_management/license.html#wp1455112

(quoted from the above URL:

For licenses that have a status of enabled or disabled, then the license with the enabled status is used.)

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

No problem. Pls kindly mark your post answered so others can learn from it. Thank you.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jennifer Halim
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nope, you can also share the Mobile and Endpoint Assessment license. The license will be active on whichever ASA that will be the active one.

Here is the URL for your reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/asa/asa83/license_standalone/license_management/license.html#wp1455112

(quoted from the above URL:

For licenses that have a status of enabled or disabled, then the license with the enabled status is used.)

Hope that helps.

Hi Jennifer,

Ok thats great, thanks for the response.

Regards,

Garry.

No problem. Pls kindly mark your post answered so others can learn from it. Thank you.

Done, thanks again.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card