Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Multi Context

benolyndav
Level 4
Level 4

HI

Hi have copy run tftp: from our Server context not system context, is it possible to copy file back from tftp if I want to configure a replacement firewall? this would save me from coping and pasting all lines into Server context and save lots of time.?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@benolyndav I don't recall requiring a reboot when I've created a new context in the past booting using an existing configuration.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

@benolyndav yes you can create a new context and specify the config-url as a configuration file that is already created and configured.

Hi

So I want to configure a spare firewall in case of any hardware failures so the current server context is mace-svrs.cfg, 

so on the spare firewall configure mace-svrs.cfg url and copy tftp to this file in flash ??

thanks

@benolyndav yes, copy from TFTP to disk, then configure the config-url under the context, defining the cfg file. Example:

context MACE-SVRS
 allocate-interface GigabitEthernetX
 allocate-interface GigabitEthernetX
 config-url disk0:/mace-svrs.cfg

Ok

@benolyndav On the Spare FW from the system context configure the MACE-SVRS context, define the config-url as above and then allocate the interfaces.

sorry the above message not meant to be posted

Ah
So copy MACE-SVRS.cfg to tftp from live firewall
then on spare firewall copy MACE-SVRS.cfg to flash and under context config point to config-url disk0:/MACE-SVRS .cfg

does the firewall then need a reload for the config to be present in MACE-SVRS context.???

@benolyndav I don't recall requiring a reboot when I've created a new context in the past booting using an existing configuration.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card