Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA Multiple Contexts on ASDM

Florin Barhala
Level 6
Level 6

Hi guys,

I am using 2 x ASA running 9.6(2) with ASDM 7.8(2). Multiple contexts have been enabled on Active-Active configuration.

While on CLI I can easily spot on what unit the context is Active so I don't risk using the Standby unit and un sync the config (I have added: prompt hostname context priority state )

Now on ASDM no matter what unit I connect to and the connect to a context it's always reported as Active as in the attachment below.

Thanks,

Florin.

2 Replies 2

Florin Barhala
Level 6
Level 6

I will just bump this and post another "ASDM management question": how can you find out the users using ASDM on the firewall you are connected to? 

I was scrolling through ASDM config and I got the message about config update and need to refresh. How can I see the other logged in users?

CLI doesn't help that much: show asdm sessions shows just the ASDM allowed ip, but no username/login detail

Florin Barhala
Level 6
Level 6

One day later I solved the mystery: while on ASDM when changing config, ASDM uses a dedicated command: failover exec active.

This makes sure the config is being pushed on the ACTIVE unit, no matter that ASDM admin sits on the standby unit for that context.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card